TERMS and Conditions
The Site provides an interactive online service operated by Ceylon Artisans, consisting primarily of promotion and marketing services on behalf of certain merchants (“Merchants”) making vouchers for Merchant goods and services (“vouchers”) available to its users. Vouchers may be purchased by Ceylon Artisans account holders and exchanged for goods and services from the issuing Merchants or other parties identified in the terms of the offer and subject to the Terms of Sale set forth below. As a condition of your use of this Site, you agree that:
- You are an individual person at least 16 years of age;
- You possess the authority to create a binding legal obligation;
- Your use of this Site will at all times comply with the terms of this Agreement;
- If you elect to create an account:
- You may create only one account for your personal use;
- You may only make legitimate purchases that comply with the letter and spirit of the terms of the respective offers;
- You may only make purchases on the Site for your own use and enjoyment, or, when offered, as a gift for another;
- You must safeguard your password and supervise the use of your account, and understand and agree that you are responsible for your own use and the use of your account by anyone you allow accessing it.
- You are completely held responsible for the accuracy of all the information you provide us.
Availability of the Site
You acknowledge that there may be interruptions in service or events that are beyond our control. While we use reasonable efforts to keep the Site accessible, the Site may be unavailable from time to time for any reason including, without limitation, routine maintenance. You understand and acknowledge that due to circumstances both within and outside of our control Site access may be interrupted, suspended, or terminated. Ceylon Artisans retains the right at our sole discretion to deny service, or access to the Site to anyone or any account, at any time and for any reason.
Ownership of the Site
The content and information on this Site as well as the infrastructure used to provide both are proprietary to us or our Merchants and other partners. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products or services obtained from or through the Site.
Your Conduct on our Site
Submitting any purposely inaccurate information, committing fraud or falsifying information in connection with your Ceylon Artisans account or in order to create multiple Ceylon Artisans accounts;
- Attempting to, or actually accessing data not intended for you, such as logging into a server or an account which you are not authorized to access;
- Attempting to scan, or test the security or configuration of the Site or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Tampering or interfering with the proper functioning of any part, page or area of the Site and any and all functions and services provided by Ceylon Artisans;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user in any manner, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to our Site, or attempts at overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing” the Site;
- Using the Site or any of its contents to advertise or solicit, for any other commercial, political or religious purpose, or to compete, directly or indirectly with Ceylon Artisans;
- Reselling or repurposing your access to the Site or any purchases made through the Site;
- Using the Site or any of its resources to solicit Site End Users, Merchants or other business partners of Ceylon Artisans to become users or partners of other online or offline services directly or indirectly competitive or potentially competitive with Ceylon Artisans, including without limitation, aggregating current or previously offered deals;
- Using any End User or Merchant information from the Site for any commercial purpose, including, but not limited to, marketing;
- Exceeding or attempting to exceed quantity limits when purchasing vouchers or otherwise using any Ceylon Artisans account to purchase vouchers for resale, or for speculative, false, fraudulent or any other purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement and the terms of a specific offer on the Site;
- Accessing, monitoring or copying any content or information from this Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Violating the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Site or bypassing or circumventing other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Site;
- Taking any action that places excessive demand on our services, or imposes, or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or other portion of our infrastructure (as determined in our sole discretion);
- Aggregating any live or post-feature content or other information from the Site (whether using links or other technical means or physical records associated with purchases made through this Site) with material from other sites or on a secondary site without our express written permission.
- Deep-linking to any portion of this Site (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any voucher) without our express written permission;
- Acting illegally or maliciously against the business interests or reputation of Ceylon Artisans, our Merchants or our services.
Creating an Account on our Site
If you create an account on our Site, you may only create and hold one account that you are solely responsible for managing. Your account is non-transferrable and may not be sold, combined, or otherwise shared with any other person. If you violate any of these limitations we may terminate your account and, without limitation, you may forfeit any pending or unredeemed vouchers in your account. If we terminate your account, you may not re-enroll or join under a new account unless we formally invite you. If you commit fraud or falsify information in connection with your use of the Site or in connection with your Ceylon Artisans account, your account will be terminated immediately and we reserve the right to hold you liable for any and all damages that we suffer, to pursue legal action through relevant local and national law enforcement authorities and to notify your Internet Service Provider of any fraudulent activity we associate with you or your use of the Site.
Terms of Sale
Vouchers you purchase through our Site as a Ceylon Artisans account holder are special promotional offers that you purchase from participating Merchants through our service. The vouchers are redeemable for certain goods, services or experiences offered by, or facilitated through, the Merchant identified on the voucher. The Merchant is solely responsible for redeeming the voucher. The Merchant is the issuer of the voucher and is fully responsible for all goods and services it provides to you and for any and all injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities, and costs (“Liabilities”) it may cause you to suffer, directly or indirectly, in full or in part, whether related to the use or redemption of a voucher or not. You waive and release Ceylon Artisans and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, and agents from any Liabilities arising from or related to any act or omission of a Merchant in connection with your use of a voucher or the services/goods it provides in connection with it.
By purchasing any voucher you agree to the terms of this Agreement and these Terms of Sale. By purchasing, viewing a mobile version, printing, accepting, using or attempting to use any voucher, you agree to these Terms of Sale specifically (“rules”) the terms on the voucher itself and any additional, deal-specific terms advertising the voucher at the time of purchase (collectively, the “fine print” regardless of how labeled). These rules apply to all promotional vouchers that we make available, unless a particular voucher’s fine print states otherwise, and except as otherwise required by law. In the event of a conflict between these rules and a voucher’s fine print, the voucher’s fine print will control.
Ceylon Artisans is a service provider for the Merchant identified on the voucher and the Merchant is the sole issuer of the voucher. Vouchers have two separate values: (a) the “amount paid” and (b) the promotional value. The “promotional value” is the additional value beyond the amount paid. Together, the amount paid and the promotional value equals the “full offer value” of the voucher. For example, if you pay Rs.300/- for a voucher that gets you Rs.1000/- of goods or services from a Merchant, the full offer value Rs.1000/-, the amount paid is Rs.300/- (this amount does not expire until it is used), and the promotional value is Rs.700/- (this amount expires on the date stated on the voucher unless expiration of the promotional value is prohibited by law).
If a Merchant or venue refuses to honor any voucher, Ceylon Artisans will refund the amount paid upon request in the original form of payment. Need a refund or have a question? Contact us here. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash unless required by law. Unauthorized or unlawful reproduction, resale, modification, or trade of vouchers is prohibited.
Modification of this Agreement
We also reserve the right to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of our services or the Site including, but not limited to, requirements for access or use.
Copyright and Trademarks
Everything located on or in this Site is the exclusive property of Ceylon Artisans or is being used with permission. ANY COPYING, DISTRIBUTING, TRANSMITTING, POSTING, LINKING, DEEP LINKING, OR OTHERWISE MODIFYING OF THIS SITE OR ANY OF THE MICROSITES WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF Ceylon Artisans IS PROHIBITED. Any violation of this requirement may result in a copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right infringement that may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties. This Site and any Microsite contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Site are protected by copyright as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. Ceylon Artisans owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part. You may download, print, and/or save copyrighted material for your personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly stated under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material without the express permission of Ceylon Artisans or the copyright owner is permitted. If copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material is permitted, you will make independent attribution and/or agree to make no changes in or deletion of any author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
Ceylon Artisans is a trademark of Ceylon Artisans Ltd. It, together with other trademarks that are located within or on the Site otherwise owned or operated in conjunction with Ceylon Artisans shall not be deemed to be in the public domain but rather the exclusive property of Ceylon Artisans unless such mark or site is under license from the trademark owner thereof, in which case such license is for the exclusive benefit and use of Ceylon Artisans unless otherwise stated.
You will not upload, post or otherwise make available on this Site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights. Ceylon Artisans does not have any express burden or responsibility to provide you with indications, markings, or anything else that may aid you in determining whether the material in question is copyrighted or trademarked. You will be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of this Site, you warrant that the owner of such material has expressly granted Ceylon Artisans the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material. You also permit any other end-user to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that End User’s personal use. You also grant Ceylon Artisans the right to edit, copy, publish, and distribute any material that you make available on this Site.
Disclaimer of Warranty.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER CEYLON ARTISANS, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, MERCHANTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS, OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO (I) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THIS SITE, OR (II) THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS), SERVICE, PRODUCTS OR VOUCHERS PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT, STATEMENTS (AS DEFINED BELOW) AND OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE MADE ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. Ceylon Artisans HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, STATEMENTS OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF TITLE NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Websites of Others
- The Site contains links to websites maintained by other parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not because we endorse or have an opinion about the contents on such websites. We expressly disclaim any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such websites or the privacy practices of those websites. If you decide to access websites maintained by other parties, you do so at your own risk
Public Nature of Your Statements
- You understand and agree that all Statements are public and not private. Any other person (whether or not a user of Ceylon Artisans’s services) may read your Statements without your knowledge. Please do not include any Personal Information (as defined in our Privacy Statement) in your Statements. Ceylon Artisans does not control or endorse any Statement found in any part of the Communities, and we specifically disclaim any liability concerning the Statements and the Communities and any actions resulting from your participation in any part of the Communities, including any objectionable content. Any and all Statements you post to our Site are not confidential.
- By posting Statements or other information on or through the Communities, you grant Ceylon Artisans a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the Statements alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed without territorial or time limitations, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees. Your license of any Statements or information submitted above extends to use for promotions, advertising, market research or any other lawful purpose, without limitation.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Ceylon Artisans, its subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to any products or services purchased by you in connection with the Site or any use of the Site in violation of these Terms. You are solely responsible for your interactions with Merchants and other users of the Site. To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release Ceylon Artisans from any and all claims or liability related to any product or service of a Merchant, any action or inaction by Merchant, including Merchant’s failure to comply with applicable law and/or failure to abide by the terms of a Ceylon Artisans, and any conduct or speech, whether online or offline, of any other user.
Choice of Law
- No waiver by either you or Ceylon Artisans of any breach or default or failure to exercise any right allowed under this Agreement is a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default or a waiver or forfeiture of any similar or future rights under our Agreement. The section headings used herein are for convenience only. If a court of competent jurisdiction holds any provision of our Agreement invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions contained in this Agreement, and the remaining portions of our Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
When you use Ceylon Artisans products, services, and the website you are bound by the following Terms and Conditions. Please review them carefully.
- The voucher you purchase is only valid for the product mentioned
- Products will have to be collected from our showroom
- Islandwide delivery is available at an additional cost
- Ceylon Artisans will not be responsible for lost or stolen vouchers
- Ceylon Artisans management reserves the right to decide about the replacement of products for which there is no warranty
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash
Cancellation and Return Policy
- Once confirmation of the transaction is sent via email by Ceylon Artisans to the user orders cannot be cancelled or goods returned.
- Any issue related to any product or service should be brought to the notice of Ceylon Artisans within 3 days of the purchase.
- lk management reserves the exclusive right to decide on replacing a product
You may have extra consumer rights under the local law that this contract cannot change.
- Users represent and warrant that they are 18 years of age or older in order to enter into this Agreement and make any purchase of any deal provided by us.
- The user is responsible for providing accurate information at the time of registration. Users are responsible for ensuring that details are updated and current. In the event that a user does not provide correct and accurate information, the order will not be processed.
- Ceylon Artisans reserves the right to terminate a user membership at any time if a breach of these terms and conditions take place.
- Ceylon Artisans collects user’s personal information for future marketing and promotional purposes only and will not share this information.
- Upon registration, the user is solely responsible for the User ID on the Ceylon Artisans site and all actions made on our site while logged in (at all times) as a member.
- Ceylon Artisans recognizes whether a user is accessing the site and using the services and whether the user is allowed to use an account through the specified User ID issued. The user is completely responsible for the account being accessed and the use of our services.
- Users will not present any content that has copyrights or third-party proprietary rights that includes exposure to the public, invading privacy or giving out trade secrets and similar unauthorized actions unless otherwise, you own the rights to publish or submit such content as the lawful owner and have the right to provide it to Ceylon Artisans
- Ceylon Artisans employees, the board of directors, agents or any other third party involved in our website is not liable for any losses, personal injury, illness, death, claims, liabilities or expenses of any kind, including legal fees that arises out of or in connection with the buying of products and services through our website.
- Ceylon Artisans is a trademark owned by Artisan Jewellers (Pvt.) Ltd. The rights of this trademark are owned exclusively by its rightful owners and cannot be used by any other party unless otherwise it is clearly stated and authorized by its legitimate owners.
Postings and Uploads:
- Ceylon Artisans reserves the right to monitor and block or remove communications (comments) or material that it determines to be abusive, libel, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, in violation of a copyright, trademark or intellectual property rights of others and in violation of any laws. Ceylon Artisans will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing to disclose the identity of anyone posting such communications or material.